In-Home Dog Training for the DFW area
In-home dog training is the most effective way to influence dog behavior. If you’re looking to achieve lasting results, you’re in need of in-home training! There are many other dog training options such as group classes and board-and-train programs. While these options may yield short-term results, they are unlikely to create permanent behavior change.
Well, why not?!
Simply put, there are a number of factors that contribute to any particular behavior issue. Regardless of the issue, two of the most prominent factors are the dog’s relationship to his/her family, and the dog’s lifestyle in his/her home environment. By addressing these two factors, you can make HUGE gains in good behavior in a relatively short amount of time! In-home dog training is the only training method that can address both of these factors.
What behavior issues can in-home dog training help with?
In-home dog training is capable of addressing many dog behavior problems, such as:
- All forms of aggression: human aggression, dog aggression, sibling aggression, food aggression, resource guarding, etc.
- Anxiety: separation anxiety, restlessness, nervousness, fearful behavior, hyperactivity
- Leash manners: leash reactivity (barking, lunging, growling), leash pulling, refusing to walk, etc.
- Multi-dog households: coexisting peacefully, training multiple dogs at once, etc.
- Poor manners: excessive barking, digging, chewing, jumping and other greeting behaviors, counter surfing, housebreaking, etc.
- General disobedience: darting out the front door, coming when called (recall), reliable obedience commands, etc.
- Puppy training: housebreaking, learning obedience commands, basic manners, good leash behavior, etc.
How does in-home dog training work?
If you’re looking for in-home dog training in the Fort Worth or mid-cities areas, we’re confident we can create lasting behavior change for your dog! Give us a call at 817.580.7293 or email us using our contact form.
After talking with you about your dog(s), we’ll schedule a time for our dog behaviorist to come to your home for an initial behavior consultation. This consultation takes about two hours and will give you an incredible amount of insight into your dog’s behavior! We’ll take the time to get to know your dog’s personality and temperament, and we’ll also get to know your preferences, lifestyle, and training goals. Our goal is to design a behavior training plan that will be effective for your dog and realistic for you.
Best of all, we’ll tell you exactly what is causing your dog’s bad behavior, and exactly what our plan will look like to change it. We’ll work together with you to set achievable training goals and then we’ll keep working with you until we’ve met those goals! That’s the beauty of commitment-based training – our goal is to be your very last dog trainer.
Don’t give up on your dog before talking with us! If you feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing has helped, you definitely need to talk with us… Change is possible, and we can help!
Questions about in-home dog training?
Check out our dog training FAQ page for commonly asked questions, or give us a call at 817.580.7293. We’re happy to chat with you! Also feel free to email us using our contact form. You can also read more about our training and successes on our dog behavior blog, or read more about our Dallas / Fort Worth dog behaviorist.